Las Vegas is as widely known for its weddings as it is for its casinos. Where else could you possibly get married by Elvis, in a drive through chapel or hold a naturist wedding ceremony – all with minimal waiting and paperwork requirements?
What to take and do
- Proof of age is required even if you are over 18.
- Couples must visit the Marriage License Bureau in the County Courthouse to apply for a Marriage License. There is a fee.
- If either party is divorced, final divorce papers are required.
- Couples from outside of the US getting married in Las Vegas will usually require a certified copy of the marriage certificate and an Apostille from the Nevada Secretary of State for their marriage to be recognised in their home country. There is a fee for this.
- For more information about what documents are acceptable for identification purposes, see this PDF
- You can easily rent wedding clothes in Las Vegas, and the chapels can provide witnesses if required.
The information above is for guidance only. Always check up to date requirements with both your own country’s Embassy and the Clark County Court prior to arranging your Las Vegas wedding.
As with any trip abroad, you should always make sure you have adequate insurance cover. We’d recommend taking out both wedding and travel insurance policies and more information about these can be found in our guide to wedding insurance abroad. Do bear in mind though that some policy sections may not be applicable to weddings taking place in North America. Many wedding insurance policies, for example, exclude public liability cover if you’re getting married in the USA or Canada.
Where to go
Nearly every major casino resort in Las Vegas has its own Wedding Chapel. There are also a number of stand-alone chapels, which are listed here, on the Las Vegas Convention and Visitor’s Authority website. Chapels offer a variety of packages at a variety of prices, ranging from Treasure Island to Caesar’s Palace, Ritz-Carlton sophistication to casino excitement.
It is usually simplest to search for online wedding packages, which you can tailor to meet your exact requirements. Make sure you read the small print carefully to ensure that everything you need is included in the price.